Monday, October 30, 2006

Light me a glow

I thought I’d come back on Monday and write a long post about our trip to Dehradun – Mussoorie – Haridwar – Rishikesh. In a way, I am doing just that… in a way…

We did touch the above mentioned places, but what touched us… me… was the Ganga Arti at Har-ki-Pauri, Haridwar.

I have no words to describe the feeling.
No words can capture the beauty, aura or the sheer energy level of that event.

All I can say is … there comes a time in life, when you are so moved that every nerve, every single pore in your body responds to a unique beat, of tumultuous joy, of pure belonging…
I had one of those moments when I sat there amidst thousands of people on the ghats of the Ganges.
Unbidden, prayers leapt to my lips
My eyes were drawn to the flaming Arti thali
Magnetically, my feet led me to edge of the embankment, so I could touch the holy water

And I left the place, a little more blessed… a little more at peace with myself.

Har Har Gange! Protect us Ma… May the human kind find salvation yet…

7 comments:

Ramya said...

hola!how have u been?

Anonymous said...

haridwar..as the name itself says its a way to hari-the god....
the nature, the beauty heals us...
hope your spirits have been enlighted there...
take care

Anonymous said...

Wheels for feet, how was birthday? Did you thank your stars for me :D?

dobereinerr said...

It's moments of such purity that make life worth. N a Hippy Budday!

Anonymous said...

i Left a comment for you.... but its not there today...

Tinky Toinkers said...

e: thks :)

moimystie: am good. always been. always will be. infact, am the bestest.

vibhor: yeah. one of the few places of worship where i didnt feel like thumping moti aunties who walked all over me.

maddie: wheels going strong. creak creak to you too :D

doby: right on! thanks.

anon: haila... aisa kya?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Brought back similar memories:)