Thursday, April 19, 2007

Corbett is one of the best places, ever

Jim Corbett did us all a favour by helping build the Tiger sanctuary.
No, we didnt get to see a Tiger ... that royal of all royalty.
But we stayed in a forest reserve guest house
where we had chinkaras (blackbucks) for company
with occasional visits from stags and deer, who had been fed and raised by the forest officials
and how could i forget the peacocks?
Dancing gaily and calling out to each other all day .. and practically all night

This was my second visit. I loved it the first time. I loved it this time around. I am going back. Promise.

A lonely tree against a blue blue sky



The game of stones in which the older generation won, hands down



Staple evening diet ... Maggi Noodles :)

The steps to the machaan


The ancient Banyan



The little bugger who kept head butting me all over the place :)


cheers~

5 comments:

TheExperimentalMom said...

loved the pics:).
n the poem!

Anonymous said...

good one ... in the big B -i mean abhi-ash wedding i felt sad for the horse abhi was riding .on .. press was makig people mad n what about the poor animal who had to go through the process ,,,, he should not have sat on a horse ... what u think about this...people talk about not riding on animals on Juhu beach ...

Anonymous said...

You feed the tiger Maggi noodles what do you think will happen?

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cool place! I wish I could have joined you. The Maggi noodles are Veg., yes?

India is a good country to travel for those of us that choose not to eat meat. Aloo Masala Dosa is my favorite. I have not been to Northern India.
-P

Reeta Skeeter said...

:) i met the tiger wen i went :D Looks like u ahd fun! Cheers! Miss u!